Design Like a Pro
We all know how challenging it can be to make a tired, old space seem new and fresh. No place is that more true than our front porch. Whether you have a small or large space we have ideas to bring your front porch back to life just in time for Summer!
Depending on your budget, you can swap out just one or two things, or give the entire porch a seasonal update. No need to re-invent the wheel each time. re-invent the wheel could end up being very expensive.
Here are a few things that can be changed with each new season:
• A door wreath
• Seasonal flowers or greenery in the planters
• A doormat
• Soft furnishings on the rockers
• Accessories and plants in the sitting area
• Fresh coat of paint on the front door walls and railing
Recycle and reuse
• Recycle and reuse. Keep your doormats and use them over again. If they are in good shape, there is no reason not to keep them. The same goes for your soft furnishings If you have some pillows that you’ve used inside for a few years, take them outside. I guarantee they will feel new again!
•Add some inexpensive annuals to your pots with a little fresh potting soil.
• Go for something unexpected. If you have an electrical outlet, add a lamp or some lights. Add a sign that says “welcome” or “gather.” Anything that adds your signature style is always perfect.