I think we can all say that we are sick of winter but thankfully Spring is just right around the corner!
Here is a little to do list to keep your house in top shape.
- Check for damage to your roof from winter storms. During the Spring and Summer, get your roof inspected after major storms or hail to check for damage.
- Blow out your sprinkler systems and restart outdoor water Sources.
- Uncover and check all exterior faucets for leaks or damage.
- Have an HVAC professional inspect and maintain your air conditioning system.
- Examine and replace extension cords that have become worn or damaged to avoid electrical fires.
- Repairs cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walkways to prevent tips and falls.
- Check the shutoff valve at the water main and each plumbing fixture to make sure they work and aren’t leaking.
- Make sure your fire extinguisher is accessible and operable. Fire extinguishers cost about $20 to $40, depending on size.
- Clean lint buildup from the clothes dryer exhaust dust, damper and space under the dryer to prevent fires.
Dont’s Skip This One Thing! Cleaning the gutters and downspouts
Gutters and downspouts clogged with leaves and other debris can cause the rainwater to overflow – and that can lead to costly repairs. Regularly cleaning the gutters can prevent water damage. Ideally, you should clean the gutters and downspouts in the Fall and Spring, and check them Monthly.
Daylight Savings Time March 10th
St. Patrick’s Day March 17th
Spring Begins March 20th